Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend WIPs

There are a few things I'm working on this weekend.  I don't have 'normal' weekends, since I'm a shopkeeper and my only day off is Monday but my brain still thinks of Saturday with a 'woo hoo.' One of the things I'll be working on this weekend is my dragonfly embroidery.  I'm trying to decide if I want the black defining the wings or not.  Design decisions can be difficult.

Dragonfly in progress

I also started a bird pillow in Fresh Flowers to coordinate with the Birdhouse Paper Pieced Pillow that I made a couple weeks ago.  That pillow sits on a bench in my store and it looks lonely, so I thought a little birdy family pillow would add some fun.  The birds all have different shapes, and I'm not sure I like that so they may change before I applique them on.  The bottom row isn't too tidy either, so I think I'll take the seam ripper to that and make it prettier.



I need to work on my Table Topper Swap project, and I'm trying to choose colors for my swap partner.  She didn't ask for anything specific other than the size, so its nice to have the freedom to play.  The Red, White & Blue Blog Hop is coming up soon too, and I had a third idea this week although I haven't worked up samples for any of them yet.  Then there's my June blocks for do. Good Stitches, and the swap project for our circle is due at the end of August. 

Lots of projects to choose from, and luckily no immediate deadlines.  What are you working on?

3 comments:

  1. Love the dragon fly and the birdies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some WIP I need to get done, but then I have a few things sitting around that I want to work on. For example, I bought Piece O' Cake book/video/pattern to learn how to appliqué. I love your birdies!! I want to start a Farmer's Wife quilt and do a few blocks every week and I want to start a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing quilt pattern I bought a few weeks ago. Now to get off the computer and get busy!!

    ReplyDelete