Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chubby Owl Scissors Keeper

It's been a busy few weeks while I've been working on two secret projects.  I finished up my project for the Table Topper Swap on Flickr and my block for the Red, White & Blue Blog Hop that starts July 1st. 

For the Table Topper Swap on Flickr, I don't want to reveal the table topper until I know she's received it, but would you like to see what I sent along as an extra?  I remembered seeing a cute felt owl scissors case pattern on Etsy, and I thought I would just wing it (pun intended) and make my own. 



Isn't she cute?  I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine to add some interest to the owl's body and add a feathery looking stitch on the wings.  She's a little chubby but I think she's adorable.  This was my first time using wool felt instead of craft felt, and there is a big difference.  The wool felt is so much more substantial and I'm looking forward to making more of these!  I think you'll be seeing them in my Etsy shop soon!

My post for the Red, White & Blue Blog Hop will be up tomorrow, so be sure to visit again!  Just to be a tease, here's a teeny portion of my block.

3 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable way to store scissors. I love the little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scissor keep. In fact, I love your whole blog! I'm here early for the Blog Hop....and will be back again when it is your tomorrow! It is already here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete