Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pink Lemonade Finish

Pink and yellow together really do make me think "Pink Lemonade."  I quilted a simple cross hatch through the quadrants.  Are they quadrants if there are 9 of them?


Add some bubblegum pink binding and how cute is this?  There is a daisy quilted in the very center, and I tried to free motion a leaf on each corner.  I need to practice free motion quilting for sure, but this was fun.


The backing is the same daisy fabric as the center square on the front.  It finishes out roughly at 24 x 24.  I haven't washed it yet though, so that might tighten it up a bit.



I did list it for sale on the Etsy site, and you can find it here if you just can't live without it!  I think it would make a sweet dolly quilt for a little girl.  I love scrappy layouts in other quilter's work, but I have a hard time committing when I'm putting something together.  This turned out even better than I expected.



No comments:

Post a Comment