Saturday, July 14, 2012

Swap Happy

Round 2 of the Table Top Swap 2 on Flickr is all finished and I'm so excited to show you what I received!  Its so cute and its the perfect colors.  My current kitchen color scheme is moving towards shades of aqua or light blue along with red and a dash of pink, so that is what I requested.

When it arrived, I was so excited to take a picture that I didn't wait to clear off the table.  My sweet partner Dorothy also sent along two table runner patterns as extras.  Wasn't that thoughtful? 


I just adore the fabric choices, and that giant red rick rack is to die for!  Here it is on my dining table, with one of my favorite bowls that inspired the new color combo. Perfect! 

This is the table square I made for my partner.  I did the sample block in scrappy pinks and yellows.  My partner asked for 32 inches square, but didn't ask specifically for any color scheme so I went with the sunny, summery colors of Lovely by Sandy Gervais.  The photo session for this was rather hurried, so these aren't the greatest shots.  It is bound in a solid turquoise to make the center patch pop, and the backing is a yellow floral on white.  I had thoughts of adding turquoise embroidered flowers to the coral squares, but I didn't like it so I scrapped that idea.


 

I became awfully fond of this topper while I was working on it, and I think I have enough fabric to make one for myself, so you may see this pop up again in the future!
You've already seen the Owl Scissors Keeper I sent along with her package, but its so cute I'm showing it again!

My partner let me know that she's received it and she said she loved both the table square and the owl.  Yay, success!  This was my first swap of finished items and I can't wait to start another!

3 comments:

  1. I signed on as a follower as a result of the RW&B hop. I love the things you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the topper you made -- Love those colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to love? It's all so lovely!

    I'm really loving your bowl on your table. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete