Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A New Pillow

This has been a super fun project for me, and its a good skill booster too.  Using a load of half square triangles (HSTs) I made a modern pillow cover.  It was good practice for the HSTs and I improved my accuracy on quarter inch seams.  


Using advice I read somewhere on the internet, I remembered to press the seams on each strip in the opposite direction so that they fit together more neatly. It has an envelope style closure on the back with the most mod looking of the patterned fabrics.



I quilted it with teal thread that is a little darker than the solid teal and I like how it turned out. I did alot of quilting on the teal target band but less on the remaining solid and patterned bands. Its bound in solid teal and I'm just tickled with it! I might do another in a different colorway and create a tutorial.
Any good ideas for a name for this puppy?  I'm thinking "Off Center" or "Off Kilter" but those are fairly boring.  It will go in my Etsy shop soon.



Linked up with Ruby Jean, Sew Many Ways' Sew Darn Crafty Party, Creation's by Kara's Look What I Made Linky Party, Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Party, Sew Happy Geek's Manic Monday Linky Party and Serenity Now's Weekend Bloggy Reading.  Check out all the awesome projects on the links, and thanks for letting me share, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment