December's plan was called Shades of Grey - and this was a cool idea. We each used grey as the primary color of the block and then added a pop of another color. Lyanna also asked that we try to use geometric shapes and I can't wait to see all the blocks for this quilt. My blocks use hot pink of course, but the only grey I have in the stash is Kona Coal and this circle print that practically matches.
January was tons of fun! We did string blocks and it was an 'anything goes' project, as long as we used a one inch white strip for the center. These are colorful and fun. I'm adding this to my own to-do list. Here's my first attempt, with the paper still on.
And the final four ...
I made five, but something turned out wrong with the center strip on the first one & I didn't feel like picking it apart to fix it. It was recommended that we shorten the stitch length to make the paper easier to rip off once you're done. That worked out really well, but its harder on the eyes to pick apart any mistakes. I'll save that for some bright morning when I'm well rested. ;)
My scrap bin wasn't too big to begin with, but I'm happy to see the pieces and parts become something fun and useful to someone else. Now I need to get cracking on my own projects so I can have more scraps ready for the next assignment!