Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Aqua and Red Dresden Pillow Cover

A while back I bought a Dresden Plate template at a craft store.  I finally pulled it out this weekend, and got to work.  I've been dreaming of projects in red and aqua, and I thought this would be a great place to start!  It was super simple - I just choose my 4 fabrics, cut the fans and sewed them together chain piecing style.  After that I played around with the stitches on my machine until I learned how to do a satin stitch.


Next thing I knew, it was all set!  I played around with how I wanted to frame it, and decided to go with a simple red border on the front of the pillow color.  Since I'm more partial to red than aqua, it just looked better to me.  Cut the panels to create the envelope flaps for the back and in under 2 hours I have a new throw pillow.  I just love it!  Next time though I will be sure to iron the seams to the dark side.  The red is faintly visible under the aqua fans and it would look more professional if they didn't show.



After I stage some better quality photos, I think it will go into the Etsy shop. I can always make another!  Isn't that apple fabric the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment