Friday, October 8, 2010

A peek at the life of a shopkeeper

Being a shopkeeper is a very rewarding job.  It's also exhausting and often doesn't allow for much free time.  Its been another busy week at the shop so I have nothing crafty to report, but I wanted to wish everyone a lovely weekend.  I do take a few minutes when I get up in the morning to check in on my favorite blogs and see what everyone else is up to and dream of future projects but that's about it for me time.

So I thought I'd give you a peek at what I've been up to all week.  Welcome to the shop...



We had a special pink ribbon event in town last night to benefit the local hospital's breast cancer programs so I did some extra pink ribbon items this year. I normally have a few things in the shop and I always donate a portion of the sales to the Susan G Komen Foundation, but I ramped it up this year.  I couldn't get a nice photo so you'll just have to believe me.  This is my door last night.

The display for my fall and Halloween items filled up this week too.  I love decorating for Halloween so I have a great time ordering things for the shop.  Here are some of the hanging signs and bouncing decor.  The 'bouncies' are so cute - they hang from a 12 inch spring and they bounce up & down in the wind.  My favorite is the ghost, but the witch and the pumpkin are cute too.


And of course my trusty sidekick Katie is always near me.  Sleepy, but near me.  Isn't she precious when she's trying so hard to keep her eyes open?

 Here's hoping you have a lovely weekend full of family and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment