Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

I've finished my pumpkin patch of blocks for the second HGTV swap that I joined this summer.  Our assignment was to create 9 blocks with a decent sized pumpkin and a fun background.  I started off trying to use a log cabin background using what I had at hand, but I decided it was too busy.  They pumpkins just didn't stand out as much as I would have liked.  So I switched to a simple cream on cream background and a plump appliqued pumpkin.  I used blanket stitch around the edge of the pumpkins, but I did needle turn on the colored stripes that are supposed to give a little depth and interest.


The autumn leaves fabric is full of rich color and I wish I'd stashed more of it.  After the attempted log cabin blocks, I didn't have enough to sash all nine blocks, so I found another lovely fall colored print.  Oranges and rusts and golden yellows.  Here's my pumpkin patch full of pumpkin blocks!


The fabrics used for the pumpkins are from Connecting Threads.  Its the first time I had ordered from them, and I've been pleased with the quality. Their thread is quite nice too and oh the colors!  do Good Stitches blocks are up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment