Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jumping into June

Can you believe its June already?  I have a couple projects languishing because I've been busy with the shop and with guests for Memorial Day weekend, but now I'm back to getting into the fabric, instead of just daydreaming about it.

I've decided to participate in two group quilty events this summer.  One is hosted by the lovely Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy. She's doing a Kaleiscope QuiltALong and I think it will be lots of fun.  I love this block, and I'm hoping that having more of a deadline will keep me steadily at work. Self imposed deadlines don't always work for me when it comes to crafty projects.

My current plan is to use a selection of stash fabrics from Pop Garden.  They're so cheery and I'm anxious to use them in something bright and fun.  I added the top one from Meadowsweet.  I think it'll work.  I'd like to look for something in blues to add, so I'll have 4 basic colors: yellow, hot pink, green, blue.  No clue what the background will be for the blocks.  I'm thinking a pale yellow.  What do you think? 



In addition to the Kaleidoscope QAL, I also signed up for a red & white block swap over on the HGTV Quilting Discussion Board.  This is a great group of ladies who like to talk quilts and do swaps.  I was a member of the discussion board several years ago, but when I switched crafts I abandoned them for a time.  I've joined up again and its fun to chat and see what everyone else is accomplishing.  They are full of encouragement, advice and fun!  The swap is for 12 blocks due September 1 and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've chosen a fairly detailed block that will be a challenge for me, and also great practice.  You can never have too many red & white quilts, right?

Are you in any swaps or quilt-a-longs for the next few months?

No comments:

Post a Comment