Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day to you!  May Day means alot of different things to different people, but for me its all about the beginning of Spring and FLOWERS!  When I was a little girl, I used to pick violets from our yard, place a bouquet on the front porch for my mom, ring the doorbell and run away.  Of course she knew who they were from, but she played along any way.  What else would a mom do, right?  I can't bring her violets any more but I sure am thinking of her today.

In Annapolis, Maryland they have a lovely tradition of celebrating May Day by putting flower baskets outside, both residents and local businesses and the town explodes with color and creativity.  People come into town from all over on May Day, even buses of people from Baltimore and they walk the streets downtown, enjoying all the gorgeous flower arrangements.  When my shop was in Annapolis, I had a great time coming up with a new theme each year.  This is from a couple of years ago - a butterfly themed basket complete with butterfly house, two art glass butterfly feeders and feather butterflies all over.


Hope you have a beautiful, flowery day with a lift in your heart at the start of a new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment