Monday, March 21, 2011

Quick sew project

Have you ever done a booth at a craft fair, or helped out a friend with one?  My sister will be showing her jewelry at a fair this weekend and I'm going to help.  I thought instead of a cash box we might use short aprons instead.  The One Yard Wonders book has a cute little apron for holding clothespins that I thought would be just the thing.

Of course it calls for one yard of the fabric you'll be using, and since I'm a rebel I chose a favorite fat quarter along with some solid yardage to coordinate for mine.  I figured I should do mine first and get the proverbial kinks out of my techniques.  A fat quarter wasn't really enough to do the pattern properly so I fudged it.  Took about 2 hours from cutting to finish and I'm hoping the second one goes quicker.  Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out the instructions, especially when it comes to right sides and wrong sides. 

Here's my Granny's Clothespin Apron Inspired Apron.



And for anyone attempting the pattern out of the book, please go to their errata page found here.  The measurements for the waistband and ties are incorrect and won't fit together smoothly if you follow the pattern as printed.  There are actually 16 patterns with errata notes.  Probably not bad for a book that full of fun projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment