Monday, March 23, 2009

More Backyard Birds

My knitting has fallen by the wayside lately, as I have been working hard to get the shop updated for spring and work on the website too.  I have been enjoying the birds in my backyard though - I'm keeping the feeder full and watching who comes to visit as I have breakfast & coffee every morning.  So here's some birds to brighten your day ...

cardinal-on-rose1


A cardinal couple continues to come and visit, and I'm pretty sure they are the same two birds.  The female seems to like the tree that doesn't have any feeders or houses, and I am wondering if she might be building a nest in there somewhere.  There was also a chickadee checking out one of my birdhouses yesterday.  I wonder how close birds are willing to have a nest to another nest.  I need to do some research on that, and luckily I have the resources at my fingertips!  I just ordered a new book by Sally Roth, called Backyard Bird Secrets for Every Season, and I am really looking forward to reading it.  I need to know, so I can recommend things to customers, right?  Wink, wink!


 


mourning2


I do like mourning doves.  There is something very intriguing about them. 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love backyard bird watching too! We don't get pretty cardinals like you do though.

    ReplyDelete