Saturday, February 16, 2013

Katie's Cabin

Don't you just love how traditional blocks can still feel fresh and new depending on your fabric choices?  The Log Cabin block has been around for ages but the fabrics make the quilt special every time.  Fons and Porter sent me this great Build Your Best Log Cabin e-book that can be downloaded from their website.  Its chock full of instructions and ideas for using the Log Cabin block and creating your own quilt.  I've only done 2 log cabin blocks in my quilting life so I thought why not?

Fons & Porter's e-book - click to visit their site

My sweet dog Katie comes to work with me everyday and I decided she needs a little floor quilt for when she's not greeting customers.  She's gotten in the habit of snoozing on the anti-fatigue mat that I keep behind my cash register counter which makes things a little difficult for me.  I hate to make her get up and move every time I help a customer, so I'm thinking if she has a special place near the counter maybe we'll both be happy.

"Its hard working greeting customers & supervising my human"

This e-book is really full of good stuff.  I love how they provide a little history of the block and show some examples of antique quilts too.  Isn't it amazing to think we're making the same quilt blocks that were new and trendy in the mid-1800's?  They have included instructions for the traditional Log Cabin block, the Courthouse Steps block plus the Chimneys & Cornerstones version of Courthouse Steps, and also instructions for a Chevron version of the Log Cabin.  This e-book just keeps on giving!  You can make your own quilt design using the blocks, and they give you lots of details on how many strips to cut for 5 different sized blocks for each of those three block patterns along with setting option ideas.  Then there are 4 quilt patterns included in the book too.  Its really a treasure trove of goodies!  There are also a couple other interesting things in the book, but I'll let you discover those on your own.

So here's the fabric pull - I thought pink and aqua would be fun.  Its time to start cutting!  I really love this e-book from Fons & Porter and I hope Katie will love her quilt.  I'll show you when its all done!




14 comments:

  1. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Kudos!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; goodwill online store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in fact glad to read this weblog posts which consists of tons of valuable data, thanks for providing
    these kinds of information.

    Feel free to visit my page http://buyerbonus.co/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I log on to your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

    My blog post :: electric juicer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told used to be a leisure account it.
    Glance complicated to far introduced agreeable from you!
    By the way, how could we be in contact?

    My blog ... Ultra Slim Patch Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .

    . I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also?

    I'm happy to search out so many useful info here in the publish, we want develop more strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; Ultra SLim Patch Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said
    "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab
    inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go
    back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had
    to tell someone!

    My web page :: jack la lane power juicer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's impressive that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

    Here is my page; daytime tv

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be a part of a contest for one of the most useful blogs online.
    I most certainly will recommend this web site!


    Also visit my homepage: mx5ireland.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is the only thing you do. In this
    way, you are allowed to enter the large-scale packaging market.


    Here is my web page stickers vinyl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Here is my web site :: electric juicer easy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This text is priceless. When can I find out more?


    my web-site: tv products

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes that
    produce the most important changes. Thanks for sharing!



    Feel free to surf to my page ... check out

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very nice post.I like it very much.Sheepbuy is the best way to sell online!
    Shopping Online

    ReplyDelete

  14. Thanks for the ideas your share here
    So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
    Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
    I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
    Once again I want to say thank you
    hadroh jepara marawis jepara

    ReplyDelete