Thunderstorms woke me up early this morning, so I found some extra time and got started cutting out my pieces for the Kaleidoscope QAL. I've mentioned before that I'm not sure I've compiled the best collection of values in the fabrics I've chosen, but I think I'm slowly getting a handle on what I want to do. Checking out the Flickr group, you can see there are several ways to go with this pattern. I'm leaning towards the very planned style that uses 2 alternate color value blocks and creates a Cathedral Windows type effect, depending on where your eyes land on the quilt. But then there's scrappy. Or planned. Or scrappy. Or planned. Well, you get the idea. I'm definitely doing the larger size, which is 60 x 72 but I have more fabric than I need so I might even be willing to go bigger. And that sounds both scary and exciting to me!
Anyway, I got a few fabrics ironed & cut this morning and I started playing on the design wall. Here's a coordinated block in a color combo I like to think of as Raspberry Lemonade. I love the Pop Garden Pineapple Brocade in these pieces because you get a completely different part of the overall design with every cut.
And here's a more scrappy look
And just for good measure, here they are side by side.