Sunday, July 25, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

click to read the Wikipedia article

I know everyone else has known of this inspirational phrase for a long time, but it has been repeating itself in my head alot lately.  I finally looked it up on Wiki, and learned a few details.  It was apparently printed on a poster by the British Ministry of Information in 1939, in an effort to improve morale but few of the two and a half million posters ever made it into the public eye at that time.  The BBC news suggests it was the greatest motivational poster of all time, and they might be right.

You've probably seen lots of parodies of it on t-shirts and whatnot (do a search on Etsy for "keep calm" and you'll find some real treasures!), but its a great concept and a simple mantra to remind us all that we can get through.  I think I need the poster for my studio.

Luckily the copyright has expired and we can all reproduce and plagiarise it to our hearts content.  So today's thought is...

Keep Calm and Eat Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment